Monday, July 18, 2016

Overnight Melaka for less than 100 SGD



Christ Church Melaka



Melaka River


Satay

Paint the Town Red



 
Lazy Boy Bus
I decided to go to Melaka since I have already explored the whole city of Singapore and just wanted to have another stamp on my passport. An Overnight trip will be perfect for Melaka since this is just a small city which can be toured the whole day. We left Singapore at around 7:30am and arrived Melaka at 12 noon. Note that immigration in Singapore and Malaysia might take a long queue. I advise you to bring your luggage since most buses will leave you, if you are late for 20 minutes.

I arrived at Melaka at noon time then took a cab to my hotel which is just 20 minutes away from the Central Bus Terminal. I booked a room at Novotel. This hotel is new, nice and quite affordable. I checked in, rested for an hour then had lunch at a random restaurant at Jonker Street. 

After filling up my tummy I went first to the Christ Church of Melaka and its surrounding Victoria Fountain and Dutch Windmill.  Then we went to the marking of Melaka, a World Heritage City declared by UNESCO last 2008. On that side is the stone remains of the Victoria Bastion. Across it was the Church of St. Francis Xavier, luckily we were able to hear an anticipated Sunday Mass. 

You can do a walking tour of the whole city. You can also choose to ride their colorful tuktuks for only 20 RMD.  After touring the small city of Melaka, I drank coffee and chilled by the river which was quite nice because I felt that I was in Europe. 
I went to the Jonker Street again to experience the nightlife where you get to see and taste Malaysian Street Food.  I tasted a little bit of everything, and then ate laksa for dinner as my main course. As I end my walking tour, I got a foot massage near my hotel. 

Come morning I ate my complimentary buffet breakfast, then walked along the city and did a little bit of shopping, then checked out of my hotel then went back to Singapore. 

My Melaka trip was short but worth it. The place was so nice. You will get to learn a lot about Malaysian History. The food was great. Almost everything is relatively much cheaper compared to Singapore. 

Tips
1. Overnight Trip is a better idea than a day trip to Melaka.
2. Bring your luggage on to customs and immigration. 
Buses have a strict 20 minute waiting time. If you are late, the driver will leave you. Based on my experience, the driver left almost half of the people on our bus ride back from Melaka to Singapore.
3. You can change your money at the Johor Baru customs.
4. Do a walking tour of the city.
5. Drink some beer or coffee by the river at night
6. Book Hotels near the tourist spots.
7. An average taxi ride cost 20 RMD one way 

Overnight Itinerary Melaka with detailed cost
SGD
MYR
PHP
Roundtrip Bus from Singapore to Melaka
50
147
1730
Accommodation Novotel Melaka  (60 SGD per Night  /2  pax)
30
88
1030
Lunch at Jonker Melaka (40 RMD /2 )
  6.5
20
225
Dinner at Jonker Street
  6.5
20
225
Complimentary Breakfast at Novotel
Free
Free
Free
Roundtrip Tax from Melaka Central Bus Terminal to Hotel
20 MYR One way
   6.5
20
225




TOTAL COST PER PERSON
99.5 SGD295MYR3,435PHP


#DIYGUIDE #SINGAPOREExcursion #Melaka #melacca #malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment